Information document for the users regarding the presence of cookies on the website www.carkeys24.co.uk The information below are aimed to give the user more details about placing, using and managing the cookies used by the www.carkeys24.co.uk website.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a text file containing information downloaded on your device when you visit a website (for the first time). That cookie is then sent to each subsequent visit to the initial website or another website recognizing it. Cookies are useful because they allow for a website to recognize a device and offer you a more efficient and personalized experience.
What a cookie is NOT!
Cookies are NOT viruses! They use plain text formats. They are not made of code pieces, so they cannot be executed nor auto-run. Consequently, they cannot be duplicated or replicated on other networks in order to be run or replicated again.
What type of cookies are used?
www.carkeys24.co.uk used on its websites proprietary and third-party cookies.
Proprietary cookies are cookies used by www.carkeys24.co.uk when you visit one of our websites and are of the following types: technical, session, persistent and functional cookies:
- Technical cookies are essential for the correct functioning of the website. These cookies allow you to navigate between different sections of the website and use specific features.
- Session cookies are temporary cookie files allowing you to navigate easy and quickly on the website.
- Persistent cookies or ‘tracking cookies’ last for more sessions and remain in the browser a longer period of time after closing the session (if not deleted).
- Functional cookies are monitoring the correct operation of the website and allow it to remember your options (for example language, username or region). These offer improved and personal features helping you not to select the options every time you visit the website.
Third-party cookies are cookie modules used by www.carkeys24.co.uk when you visit our website and are of the following types:
- Performance cookies (Google Analytics): they collect anonymous and centralized information about your online behavior (browser type, IP address, operation system, name of the site domain you visited and the moment you left the website, date and time you visited a website, etc.) for statistic purposes and for generating visitor profiles.
- The cookies we use do not collect data revealing the identity and this is why we cannot identify you with them. Our website can contain links to other websites which are not owned/managed by www.carkeys24.co.uk (third-party content, links and plug-ins). www.carkeys24.co.uk does not assume responsibility for confidentiality practices applied by these websites.
How do you express your consent?
When you visit our website for the first time, in the lower part of the screen there is a banner with a message about cookies. If you click on the confirmation button of the pop-up displayed when visiting the website or by continuing to navigate, you express your implicit consent for the cookie use according to this cookie use policy, except for the case you set up your browser to reject cookies (see below).
How to reject cookies?
You can withdraw your consent at any time by deleting the cookies in your browser.
These settings are usually in the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu in your browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be useful (or access the ‘Help’ option in the browser for more details):
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari
Changing the settings of your browser may influence the way you access our website, and it is possible to be denied access to certain sections of it. You can always change the settings of the browser.